We have allocated 153 larger parking spaces for young families, making it easier to get in and out of the car with prams and pushchairs. You can find them:
- On Level 1 – 4 of the multi-storey car park and in the red car park.
These are available at locations throughout the centre in:
- The toilets near Marks & Spencer.
- The toilets near JD Sports.
- The toilets near Wagamama
Parent and child room
For some privacy during your shopping trip, we have three parent and child rooms, one by each set of loos (see above). It’s a good spot to breastfeed, do a quick nappy change or have a much-needed pit-stop. It provides a free, safe, clean environment for young families to take a break before getting back on the road.
Most restaurants offer high chairs and there is a bottle warmer available from the Customer Service Desk.
Appropriately located in the green car park, this allotment is for local schools, community groups, our retailers and local charity partners. The benches and picnic areas are for relaxing and there are cold-frames, a poly-tunnel and raised beds for growing veg, fruit or flowers. If you’re interested in visiting the garden or booking a time slot to do some proper gardening – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our roster of events includes fabulous festivities for small children, teenagers as well as the whole family. Check out our what’s new page and keep up to date with the latest fun at Silverburn.
Things to do
- There’s a sparkling baby grand piano just waiting for your Jamie Cullen impression (or your child’s rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Find it near Cineworld.
- Keep kids entertained at Play 9, a free interactive play area. Let them play these educational games while you watch them and relax from a nearby seat. Located outside Marks and Spencer.
- Take the kids to a screening at Cineworld for some Cinebabies screenings.
- Kids’ birthday parties can be held at Fun Street, Cineworld and Build-a-Bear.
Silverburn is a designated child-safe area and staff are trained to deal with lost children. There is an emergency phone number (08702 116 999) direct to security staff printed on an orange sticker in most windows, as well as a wristband scheme. Collect a band from the Customer Service Lounge, located outside JD Sports, or call 0141 880 3229 for more information.