White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Deputy Manager position is a responsible for driving trade by leading our Shop teams. Maintaining a good understanding on all KPI’s and what the shop can do to improve or sustain performance. Always ensuring our customers with the best possible shopping experience; contributing to our aim to be leaders in sociable retail. This role is a key part of the management team and deputises for the Shop Manager, whenever required.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Sales & Service Management
- Leads team briefs to ensure the team are set up with the knowledge and the motivation needed to achieve targets
- Reviews customer feedback and observes the team to ensure that they are making our customers feel welcome and at home at our shops. Is then able to suggests improvements where needed.
- Planning and organising events, including playing a key role in Customer Event
- Motivates and inspires the team to achieve KPI performance through ensuring we are providing an amazing customer experience to all our customers.
- Driving the team to have meaningful and memorable conversations with our customers, ensuring they are aware of each Customer’s behaviour to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Ensuring the team understand the features of our products; explaining these to our customers to support their styling and purchase decisions
People Management and Development
- Playing a key part in setting team objectives to ensure the team are working together to achieve goals
- Works alongside Shop Manager to attract, recruit and retain high calibre team members
- Encouraging the team to compile customer information and also identifies marketing opportunities to drive sales
Shop Operations/Visual presentation
- Works alongside the management team to ensure that the Product and Shop standards are excellent and maintained at all times
- Evaluates floor layout and Sales trends regularly, and takes appropriate action to ensure the shop floor is responding to commercial opportunity’s
- Plays a key role in organising stock take and takes an active role to ensure an accurate reconciliation.
- Being a point of contact for HQ in Shop Managers absence.
- Maintaining or building a strong relationship with the local charity partner, and share this passion with the team and our Customers
- Works alongside the Shop Manager to ensure that the shop is working within the budgets set
- Ensuring the Awareness of the Made for Change products and the positive impact this has
- Understanding our approach to Ethical Sourcing to be able to explain this to the team and our Customers
- Living our Values, making sure these are alive in the shop.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Deputy Manager at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Quarterly bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount and a uniform per annum
- BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.